Lessons, School Horses, and Polo
In addition to its comprehensive training board and horse wellness management program, Beverly provides classical riding instruction on its school horses in the safety and comfort of its indoor arena. We enjoy sharing our love of horses with our clients and watching them find joy and confidence as their riding skills improve. When they are ready, they can try showing at one of our own schooling shows with patient coaching and solid preparation to ensure success in the ring.
Beverly is a USHJA Recognized Riding Academy.
Beverly Equestrian's all weather training facilities allow riders to train year round. The safely-enclosed indoor arena features state-of-the-art dust-free footing, mirrors, lights and heaters. For more experienced riders, there are two outdoor sand and fiber arenas with show quality show jumps and irrigation. Beverly also offers an irrigated grass derby field with cross country jumps including water, ditch and bank complexes. At this time, ships ins are only allowed to take lessons with resident trainers.
Summer Riding Program for Juniors
Riding program participants are required to wear the following, to participate in the riding program:
- Long pants (jeans or riding pants preferable, no shorts)
- Hard-soled shoes or boots with a minimum one-inch heel. No sneakers or flat-soled, open-toed shoes allowed. (For safety reasons, riders without required footwear will not be permitted to ride, or handle horses during the program.)
- An ASTM/SEI-certified riding helmet (helmets may be purchased at local saddlery, such as Tri-County Feeds, Dover Saddler, or Saddlery Liquidators). Bike helmets are not permitted, as they do not provide the protection required when horseback riding. (Note: riders in the riding program are required to wear helmets when riding.
- • In case of absence, riders may make up on another date within the same month. If the day is not rescheduled within the same month, the rider forfeits the riding program fee.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required at time of enrollment for the two-day program. A $150 non-refundable deposit is required at time of enrollment for the four-day program. Remaining payment is due no later than one week prior to the first day of the riding program for which the rider is enrolled.
- •Riders are not confirmed enrollment in the riding program until the waiver form and deposit are received by Beverly Equestrian. Beverly Equestrian will confirm enrollment via email. No refunds or credits after a rider’s enrollment is confirmed.
- To ensure the safety of riders and the efficiently of the riding program, riders must be dropped off and picked up promptly at the start and completion of the riding program. There will be a late fee of $15.00 per half hour for late pickups, regardless of the reason. Parents or guardians are not allowed to deposit minor children (under the age of 18 years old) without a Beverly Equestrian riding program staff member present. All parents or guests who wish to stay and watch riders participating in the program must sign a waiver upon arrival on the property.
On-Site Monthly Schooling Shows Available
We offer monthly schooling jumper shows all summer and fall. As long as riders are in the program for a minimum of two weeks per month, they are eligible to participate. For more information on the program, please download this pdf.
Private Polo Lessons
Ready to try polo? We offer private instruction with professional polo players on trained polo ponies in our indoor arena. No riding or previous experience is needed to get started in this exciting sport. Once you are ready, try practice chukkers on our Bermuda grass polo field with professional instruction and courteous players. Summer 2022 pricing: $175 per 45-minute lesson or prepurchase a block of four lessons for $660 each. Watch this short video to learn more about polo lessons at Beverly.
Private Riding Lessons
Private 45-minute lessons on safe and trained school horses are $175 or $660 for a package of four lessons. Horses are groomed and tacked for you. When signing up for lessons, let us know if your rider is 5'10" or taller or 165 lb or greater so that we can select the appropriate school horse. Short-term leasing is also available for riders who are ready to compete. For more information on our training program at Beverly, watch this short video.
Wakefield Equestrian Sports Program
Beverly is proud to be the home of the Wakefield Equestrian Sports Team, a team comprised of middle and upper school students who compete in the Interscholastic Equestrian Association. Started in the 2013-14 academic year, WESP has become a robust and competitive program, advancing to regional finals in only its second year of existance. For more information on the program, visit Wakefield School's webpage, Facebook, or email Beverly. Also, enjoy this short video featuring our Wakefield coaches by clicking here.
Riders are required to wear the following:
• Long pants (jeans or riding pants preferable, no shorts)
• Hard-soled shoes or boots with a minimum one-inch heel. No sneakers or flat-soled, open-toed shoes allowed. (For safety reasons, riders without required footwear will not be permitted to ride, or handle horses during the program.)
• An ASTM/SEI-certified riding helmet (helmets may be purchased at local saddlery, such as Tri-County Feeds, Dover Saddler, or Saddlery Liquidators). Bike helmets are not permitted, as they do not provide the protection required when horseback riding.
Payment by cash, check, or VENMO only and in advance.