Lessons, School Horses, and Polo
In addition to its comprehensive training board and horse wellness management program, Beverly provides classical riding instruction on its school horses in the safety and comfort of its indoor arena. We enjoy sharing our love of horses with our clients and watching them find joy and confidence as their riding skills improve. When they are ready, they can try showing at one of our own schooling shows with patient coaching and solid preparation to ensure success in the ring.
Beverly Equestrian's all weather training facilities allow riders to train year round. The safely-enclosed indoor arena features state-of-the-art dust-free footing, mirrors, lights and heaters. For more experienced riders, there are two outdoor sand and fiber arenas with show quality show jumps and irrigation. Beverly also offers an irrigated grass derby field with cross country jumps including water, ditch and bank complexes. At this time, ships ins are only allowed to take lessons with resident trainers.
Summer Riding Program for Juniors
4-Day, 2-Day, or Custom Programs
- The 4-day program consists of two private lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays and two group lessons on Wednesdays and Fridays. Minimum of 2 riders required per group. $550 per week.
- The 2-day program consists of two group lessons on Wednesdays and Fridays. Minimum of 2 riders required per group. Add additional private lessons as desired. $350 per week.
- Group lessons are over a three-hour block starting at 11:30am and concluding at 2:30pm.
- Private lessons are 45-minutes scheduled on the hour starting at 12pm each day.
- Groups: All riders will arrive at 11:30am to groom and prepare the horses for the first group, Rising Riders.
- The second group will help the first Rising Riders group learn to groom and prepare the horses for their lesson, all under supervision of Beverly grooms and staff.
- The Rising Riders will lesson while the second group helps.
- The Team Ready Riders will lesson while the Rising Riders watch and/or participates in horsemanship and other educational activities.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- We are mindful of the social distancing requirements in our state and have already instituted Covid-19 protocols that comply.
- The Riding Program will be limited to 8 riders per day to allow for proper social distancing. Even though our 40,000 sq. ft. indoor arena is probably not contemplated under the 10-person indoor social gathering restriction, we will not have more than 10 people in the indoor at any one time.
- If we are in the outdoor, the social gathering restrictions do not apply, but we will still maintain a 10-person maximum for safety.
- To further ensure cleanliness, each rider will receive their own tack box to help with grooming and to minimize points of contact.
On-Site Monthly Schooling Shows Available
We offer monthly schooling jumper shows all summer and fall. As long as riders are in the program for a minimum of two weeks per month, they are eligible to participate. For more information on the program, please download this pdf.
Private Polo Lessons
Ready to try polo? We offer private instruction with professional polo players on trained polo ponies in our indoor arena. No riding or previous experience is needed to get started in this exciting sport. Once you are ready, try practice chukkers on our Bermuda grass polo field with professional instruction and courteous players. Summer 2018 pricing: $175 per 45-minute lesson or prepurchase a block of four lessons for $150 each. Watch this short video to learn more about polo lessons at Beverly.
Private Riding Lessons
Private 45-minute lessons on safe and trained school horses are $175. Local and Wakefield riders can take advantage of the discounted price of $150 for one lesson or $375 for a package of three lessons. Horses are groomed and tacked for you. When signing up for lessons, let us know if your rider is 5'10" or taller or 165 lb or greater so that we can select the appropriate school horse. Short-term leasing is also available for riders who are ready to compete. For more information on our training program at Beverly, watch this short video.
Wakefield Equestrian Sports Program
Beverly is proud to be the home of the Wakefield Equestrian Sports Team, a team comprised of middle and upper school students who compete in the Interscholastic Equestrian Association. Started in the 2013-14 academic year, WESP has become a robust and competitive program, advancing to regional finals in only its second year of existance. For more information on the program, visit Wakefield School's webpage, Facebook, or email Beverly. Also, enjoy this short video featuring our Wakefield coaches by clicking here.
Riders are required to wear the following:
• Long pants (jeans or riding pants preferable, no shorts)
• Hard-soled shoes or boots with a minimum one-inch heel. No sneakers or flat-soled, open-toed shoes allowed. (For safety reasons, riders without required footwear will not be permitted to ride, or handle horses during the program.)
• An ASTM/SEI-certified riding helmet (helmets may be purchased at local saddlery, such as Tri-County Feeds, Dover Saddler, or Saddlery Liquidators). Bike helmets are not permitted, as they do not provide the protection required when horseback riding.
Payment by cash, check, or VENMO only and in advance.